The letter you’ll send to Congress about the NRC contains six demands:
- Protect people and the planet by moving us as fast as possible to 100% renewable energy and phasing out nuclear power and fossil fuels.
- Protect us against climate disasters that could turn into nuclear disasters.
- Ensure that the NRC protects Indigenous and environmental justice community rights.
- Prevent exposure to radiation.
- Set safety and emergency requirements based on disaster prevention, not on easily biased probability calculations.
- Ensure the NRC is an independent regulator, free from industry influence, and close the revolving door between the NRC and industry.
Enough is enough. Congress needs to let (or make) the NRC do its job. Tell Congress: Make the NRC protect us from nuclear energy’s climate dangers.
After you email Congress, you’ll have a chance to help us scale up this new campaign. Your support will be matched dollar-for-dollar by a generous donor. Please give generously!
But whether you contribute or not, please share the Who’s Protecting Us campaign widely with your friends and family. The dangers of nuclear power are real, and we need our leaders to protect us.
Thanks for all you do!
The NIRS Team